Run 11 is now closed. The next assessment will take place in Spring 2024.
This module provides an online competency assessment for the classification of BRCA and HRR (Homologous Recombination Repair) gene variants.
The assessments take place in spring and autumn of each year.
Who can participate?
All individuals who classify the pathogenicity of BRCA and other HRR gene variants.
What is involved?
For each assessment, participants receive 6 variants to classify within 4 weeks. Participants can choose to classify some or all of the variants. For each variant classification submitted, participants should also provide the criteria evidence for their classification.
Information for participants:
- Once registered, participants will receive:
- Details of the next available assessment
- Registration details for educational webinars. Webinars for previous assessments are freely available on the GenQA YouTube channel.
- Each asssessment includes BRCA1, BRCA2 and other HRR gene variants.
- Please apply ACMG Variant Classification guidelines (Richards et al., 2015) in accordance with any gene specific recommendations for cancer susceptibility genes. BRCA/HRR variants are classified by our experts using ACMG guidelines (encompassing the subsequent recommended ClinGen SVI updates*). In addition, any differences in classification arising from use of the ACGS 2020 or CanVIG-UK guidelines for Cancer Susceptibility Genes are accepted.
- The classifications and evidence are agreed by an international panel of experts.
*Run 11 will reference the recently published ClinGen ENIGMA BRCA1 and BRCA2 Expert Panel Specifications to the ACMG/AMP Variant Interpretation Guidelines Version 1.0.0.
On completion of the assessment:
All participants will receive the following:
- Individual report which summarises their classification
- Summary report to enable benchmarking against the expert predicted classifications
- Certificate of participation
How do I enrol?
- Registration for the next run will be advertised in early 2024.
- There is no fee to participate in the BRCA/HRR classification module.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com
Participate multiple times throughout the year
Participant tailored assessment
Complete within 4 weeks
Access your EQA record any time through the GenQA website