GenQA is committed to reducing its environmental impact, where practicable.
Carbon reducing measures have formed an integral part of GenQA's strategy. To date, the following measures have been put in place to help improve both operational performance and reduce potentially harmful environmental effects:
- Reducing the frequency of sample distributions by combining EQAs, therefore reducing packaging and courier services;
- Using DHL GoGreen, which is DHL’s worldwide environmental protection programme;
- Implementing online only Distribution paperwork, saving paper;
- Providing monthly "Focus on" webinars to reduce face to face participant meetings;
- Updating assessor meeting formats to primarily “video conferencing” as a means of reducing travel;
- Reviewing where meetings are held, to ensure the locations have multiple public transport options.