Laboratory codes/login: Laboratories should not disclose their GenQA (or previous CEQAS/UK NEQAS for Molecular Genetics) participant codes (to third parties.
EQA results: EQA submissions data and performance scores are confidential between the individual laboratory and GenQA unless the participant provides prior written approval of the release of this data.
- Information regarding whether a laboratory participates in GenQA and/or a specific EQA will be disclosed to Orphanet database and other EQA related bodies.
- The unique laboratory code, raw data or performance will not be disclosed to these bodies.
- A laboratory can specifically request that the participation information is not disclosed; this request has to be made in writing to the GenQA Director. Information regarding poor performance/persistent poor performance may be shared with the Scheme Directors of other EQA providers or NHS England/Genomics representative where GenQA are collaboratively offering an EQA with another EQA provider (e.g. EMQN, IQN Path, NHS England, Genomics England, UK NEQAS Leucocyte Immunophenotyping and UK NEQAS Immunohistochemistry & in situ hybridistaion. This is to prevent ‘Scheme Hopping’ due to Poor Performance.
- Anonymised Individual laboratory performance scores, , may be shared with local management, accrediting bodies, and suppliers of equipment and reagents where appropriate and necessary, but only with the participant's explicit written permission.
- Performance standards for English laboratories:The standard of performance of all NHS England funded laboratories within the Genomic Medicine will be disclosed to the Genomics Unit, NHS England by GenQA, in accordance with the contract between the laboratory and NHS England.
- The standard of performance of all English laboratories performing molecular newborn screening for cystic fibrosis and/or medium chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency will be disclosed to the Newborn Screening Committee by GenQA. By enrolling in these EQAs the laboratory is agreeing to this disclose of performance.